Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Fun



I am so excited- our garden is taking off! The green beans, wax beans, pumpkins, watermelon, tomatoes, cucumbers, a few zucchini and a gladiolus bulb have sprouted! I think patience is the name of the game- I think the only way we will have any produce within a couple of months is because our friends Greg and Jenny gave us a few tomato plants that are well past the sprouting stage. But the kids have so much fun going out to the garden and looking for "surprises" to pop up every day. We are going to try some container gardening too- we planted orange bell peppers, another tomato plant, some herbs that we started from seeds and some strawberry plants.




This weekend was the annual Washington Cherry Festival. No- we don't have cherry trees here. I think the festival name actually comes from the history of George Washington and the association to the tree. Whatever the case, this weekend was absolutely beautiful! First time we can remember not sweating like crazy or being rained on during the event. The kids got to ride a few rides (Dad and Mom are now officially broke!), see the Clydesdale horses, eat some greasy fair food, and watch the fireworks later that night. It was so nice to lay out some blankets on a grass field and chase lightning bugs while waiting for the big night event. Keegan was clingy during the fireworks (he always has been), but was very much intrigued.




Other big news of the weekend- Gabi got her hair cut! Quite a bit too! I am guessing at lease 6 inches or so. She seems to love it- she keeps asking me, "don't you just love my haircut, Mom?" Oh, Keegan, Daddy and Mommy all got our hair cut too, but I don't think anyone would notice.


We leave for vacation to Door County, Wisconsin this Wednesday. Very excited- can't wait to get on the bike and ride around the gorgeous state parks by the beaches. Gabi is most excited about the hotel's swimming pool and I don't think Keegan remembers anything about it from last year. We wonder if he might remember once we get there. Hope to post some pictures next week after the trip!

3 comments:

Coriander said...

Have a great vacation! Sounds great! Cute haircut Gabi!

Anonymous said...

Oh...............the 'midwest family life'. All sounds surreal to us 'desert rats'!! I only hope Saturay at Door County turns out to be a good vacation day & Chad is feeling 'better'. Love you guys & can't wait to experience 'midwest' on our vacation there next month! Your MOM

Anonymous said...

It is always so much fun catching up on all the news and seeing the pictures to go along with it. I love Gab's haircut!! She's looking more and more like a little school girl. Can't hardly wait to get on the plane tomorrow and head for Peoria. I haven't seen you all since November and that is way to long ago!!! Guess I just need to be thankful that I get to see you now!!!! Love you all, Mom Ingham

My Favorite Music