Thursday, March 6, 2008

Is it Spring Yet???

The kids are going crazy...it's a typical Illinois winter. We were teased with a beautiful 69 degrees on Sunday, only to have temps in the 20's on Monday. Yuck! Luckily we got to get out on Sunday afternoon and let the kids ride their bikes a little.

Keegan is trying to learn how to ride his trike- can't quite figure out the pedalling part. Gabi is enjoying her new big girl bike that she got for her birthday but has not been able to ride yet due to the winter.

Keegan is learning to sing "Jesus Loves Me," and randomly begins to sing or hum whenever he pleases. We love how independently creative he is becoming. Yet he still is so clingy at times. He still loves to "nuggle" at bed time (snuggle) and still requires his "blankie bear" and his "tu-tu". Need to work on the tu-tu part...he is two now and I guess it is time. And I have no desire to even begin potty training, but I guess I need to. Oh, and he will need to have ear tubes put in at the beginning of April due to chronic ear infections.

Gabi is learning about dinosaurs in preschool right now and she is really intrigued. She is also doing even better with reading and beginning to read some simple beginner books to herself. She can't wait to be able to play on the swing set again- I don't think she remembers how muddy it gets in the early spring...too much melted snow and the spring rains begin!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to hear about our 'babies'!
MOM

Anonymous said...

It's great hearing about the kids! I can hardly wait to see them. I'm lonesome!! Oh how I remember the time Chad had to give that tutu up. Fun! Fun! Thanks for sharing, Tara!!

Anonymous said...

Oops! As you can tell, mama isn't too good at signing her name. The comment on March 16 was from me too. Love you.
Mom...Gramma...Meme

Coriander said...

I'm so glad that you started this Tara - it's great to hear about you all!

My Favorite Music